I started with some left-over stiff upholstery fabric with the weird, rubbery, and really, not terribly pleasant, olefin-y backside for the deck of the sofa because that anchors the whole slipcover and putting the rubbery side down minimises the slippage of the slipcover. And it’s hidden, so who cares what it *looks* like.
Making the “sleeves” is the irksome bit, and thank goodness some of the flab (I told you I was committing plastic surgery) can be tucked into the crevices.
After much crawling back and forth, pinning and unpinning, going back and forth between the sewing room and fitting room (aka living room, home of said sofa) I got to this point:
I’ve mentioned before about breaking rules. Well…… Here I’m breaking slipcover fabric rules. The “fashion” fabric is a faux suede cloth that’s actually meant for garment making. But the colour is perfect. And I was seduced. I may wind up putting a lining layer under strategic sections. I went out today to buy Velcro for the seat cushions, and hope to start on them tomorrow after I get back after a couple of workshops in the first part of the day. I have a plan that includes a complementary fabric…